Fostering an environment for learning
Momentum Schools (Village and Slums) increase the opportunity for students to fulfill their dreams through education that is hard to come by in these areas due to financial and impoverished family limitations. Momentum Schools provide hope and the students learn art, history, technology, english, dance, math and science. Our goal is to inspire students to become learners investing in their future and impacting their community and the world.
- Less than half of India’s children between the ages of 6 and 14 attend school.
- A little over one-third of all children who enroll in grade one reach grade eight.
- At least 35 million children aged 6 – 14 years do not attend school.
- In India, only 53% of habitation has a primary school.
- In India, only 20% of habitation has a secondary school.
- On average, an upper primary school is 3 km away in 22% of areas under habitations.
- In nearly 60% of schools, there are less than two teachers to teach grades 1-5.
- High cost of quality education and need to work to support their families and little interest in studies are the reasons given by 3 in every four drop-outs as the reason they leave.
- More than 50 percent of girls fail to enroll in school; those that do are likely to drop out by the age of 12.
DONATE FOR EDUCATION
The Momentum India
Impact on Education
Adding more classrooms as children advance in their education
Allow children access to modern standards of Technology and Opportunities.
Allows children to explore, pursue and experience the hope of opportunities to better their lives and the lives of their families.
Local teachers and administrators have the opportunity to invest in the children of their community.